Tennessee State Employees Association / 627 Woodland Street Nashville, TN 37206
Phone: (615) 256-4533 / Toll Free: 1-800-251-TSEA (8732) / Fax: (615) 242-6329
The Final Product: Changes made to the TEAM Act Pay and Performance Evaluation System
• All employees will be eligible to be considered for merit pay, with specific criteria established in the Department of Human Resources rule making process.
• Any salary classification upgrade will result in a pay adjustment for existing employees who fall below the minimum range and not just for new hires.
• Although not a part of the TEAM Act itself, the following budget provision resulted from negotiations regarding the TEAM Act: 2.5% Across-the-Board raise proposed in the Governor’s budget for July 2012 would be a truly across-the-board - no one will be denied the raise based on performance or discipline. The Administration has agreed to add this language to the Governor’s budget amendment.
• Report on new Performance Evaluation system must be made to the State & Local committees of the House and Senate.
• All rules regarding the performance evaluation system and any other provision of the TEAM Act will go back to the Government Operations Committee’s of both the House and Senate for approval.
• Agreement that state employees and state employee groups will have a formal input process regarding the implementation of the TEAM Act and the new Performance Evaluation system and any adverse effects.
The final Rules will be posted regarding the Pay and Performance Evaluation System once they are finalized and filed with the Secretary of the State.